Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The candycanes will wreck y'all's bowels

(Update 3/12/14): I wrote most of this Monday morning, and it is now Wednesday afternoon.

Hello friends. I have realized something about this blog of mine. I started it because I wanted to write a bunch of funny short stories that people could either relate to or laugh at. And instead, I've been using is as my own personal diary. I apologize for that, I will try my very hardest to start writing more short stories. That being said, lets talk about my weekend.

My weekend, was one of the best weekends of my entire life; and I am not exaggerating. Let's start from the beginning, shall we?

I had a date with my best friend turned love interest, Hanna. I didn't make reservations anywhere, I didn't even know where I was going to take her. So I said to myself "maybe it would be more personal if I invited her over to my apartment and cooked for her." I know that my cousin/roommate wouldn't be home, so I went for it. Let me preface this by saying, I wanted to impress her when she came over. I'm not exaggerating when I say I spent 3-4 hours cleaning the ENTIRE apartment. Suffice to say, this place looked like I had just moved in it was so clean. She came over and I attempted to cook something from scratch that I had never even cooked before: jambalaya. She sat at the bar area and we talked about school, work, family, tv shows, a whole litany of things while I cooked. Not to toot my own horn, but the food came out perfect. Now, brace yourself for what I am about to say. I have cooked for girls before, and they aren't very good at hiding the fact that they didn't like my cooking. They take a few bites and suddenly "they aren't hungry anymore." I swear to you that when I say I ate one plate of jambalaya and Hanna ate three plates, I am not lying. NO girl would eat three plates of shitty food just to avoid hurting my feelings. She enjoyed it and I enjoyed watching her scarf it down like a homeless person. After that, we just shot the shit and watched tv, I had some beer and she had some wine. Poor girl must not watch much tv. I introduced her to House of Cards, True Detective, Dexter, and Whose Line is it Anyway? We pretty much talked the entire time so I'm not sure how much information she retained from the shows, but whatever. After that, it was very late. I walked her to her car, we hugged, and she drove home.

Saturday, we decided to go out and do stuff, despite the shitty weather. I didn't have money to shop, but I guess you could say I went shopping with her. We went and saw The Grand Budapest Hotel (amazing movie, go see it), we went to the Dallas World Aquarium, went bowling, and then went to The Boiled Owl for a while. Now, before you ask, I should address something. I mainly take pictures of 2 things: my son and my dogs. That's it. When I'm out with friends, I don't take pictures. Because they rarely do either. I just enjoy the moment. With each day, I grow more frustrated with social media because it's turned into a place where people try to impress other people. Honestly, how much fun are you actually having if you're on facebook, bragging about how much fun you're having? And why are you taking a million pictures? You're at a bar taking pictures of you and your group, who are you trying to impress? And who would be impressed by that? No one. No one cares. I know I had fun this weekend, when I was with Hanna, I had completely forgotten that I even had my phone on me, because neither of us used our phones the entire time we were together. And Hanna doesn't even use social media, so why should I?

Anyway, we didn't hang out Sunday, which was kind of sad. She had to work most of the day and I didn't really have any spending money either. We just texted some, whenever she had the chance. We aren't dating. We didn't kiss at all this weekend, even though I think if I went in for it, she wouldn't have been surprised or disgusted or whatever. Do you ever get that sixth sense about these kind of things? Like, I could sense that she wanted to kiss (I think) but we didn't, and neither of us brought it up. The truth is, and I'm not embarrassed to say this, I am afraid to officially ask her out to be my girlfriend. Because she is my best friend and I don't want to lose her. If I ask her out and she says no, it will not only ruin our friendship, but it will break my heart. And things will never be the same ever again. I'm also afraid of putting a label on it. Because if she were to say yes, then it's defined. And I don't know if either of us are ready for that right now. Meeting each other's families, spending all our free time together, moving in together. I'm confident that it would work out, I just want to be careful. Right now, I just want to have fun with her, and whatever happens, happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment