Friday, February 7, 2014

Cold and Diligent

It was 20 degrees when I left for school this morning. Way too damn cold, especially when I had to walk a mile to get there and a mile to get back. Upon my return to the apartment, I immediately cranked the heat up. I don't care if I have to pay a little extra $ to run the heat, I want to be warm.

Anyways, I haven't blogged for a while simply because I haven't thought much about it. It was somehow brought up in my Sociology class so I was reminded to keep up with it. I actually have several drafts that I end up never posting, probably because they're nothing but incomplete momentary thoughts and feelings. I may actually post this one.

The next couple of weeks are going to be busy busy. Lots of homework in Spanish, including a test next Wednesday along with our second Spanish diary (Mi diario, see I'm learning!). I've succeeded in making two new friends in my Spanish class, John and David. Test next week in Sociology: Deviance as well. If I feel worried it's only because he hasn't told us what is going to be on the test. "Chapters 1 through 3" doesn't really explain what we should spend the most of our study time preparing for. Do we need to know names? Dates? Theories? What? I'll just need to study for a few hours every day until the test next Friday. And then there's Criminal Investigation, probably a test in 1-2 weeks. Blue books, that should be interesting. So that's pretty much what's going on in school right now. I'm enjoying my classes for the most past, excited about Criminal Justice and where it might take me. Oh yes, I'm in the midst of writing an article, hoping to be published somewhere. The topic is Deviance in Society where I talk about the TSA, NSA, Edward Snowden, Homosexuality, Breaking Bad, Shark Week, Gun Violence, Justin Bieber, the Olympics, President Obama, Philip Seymour Hoffman, etc. I know it all seems random, but it's not. I'm sure when I finish it, I will post it here.

After re-watching 'It Might Get Loud' recently, I've decided to revamp my music library entirely. Not that I don't enjoy heavy metal, I love it. But I'm in this weird phase of listening to classic rock (mostly Led Zeppelin) and blues. Mix it a little bit of classical music with some old classics (The Temptations) and you've got one kickass playlist that will make you feel a litany of different emotions in only a few songs. Right now I'm listening to the Footloose soundtrack. Why? BECAUSE KEVIN BACON. Also, does anyone want to reenact the scene from Top Gun where they play volleyball? I love that song.

I'm going to run to the store now. Not literally, I'm going to drive. If I can think of anything to add to this, I'll put some more up later. I think I'll listen to Chopin's Nocturnes while at the store. Yes, good choice.



Edit: I went to the store earlier. Decided to listen to Bach instead of Chopin. I left at like 1:00 and didn't get back until after dark. People always want to hang out when I have other stuff I want to do. I am reaching my breaking point when it comes to my complex's shitty internet. Never, ever, use Pavlov Media as your internet provider. They fucking suck. I've called them twice telling them exactly that, and when they tell me they'll fix it, they never do. I never had this problem last year, but this year it is unbearable. When I get my new place this summer, I am going with AT&T U-verse. I don't care if I have to shell out a good bit of money for it. Paying for blazing fast internet is infinitely better than shitty, doesn't work most of the time, "complimentary" free internet. 

I guess I'll go hang out at Garry's place. I don't know if anyone else is going to be there, but his internet is really fast and his dog is cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment